This style is a quick and easy hairstyle to do on natural hair. The length on my hair is about shoulder length with no layers-a bob. To do this style you will need a comb (rattail comb), clips, leave-in conditioner or detangling spray, and natural haircare styling product. Normally, I use a twisting gel, cream, or foam but based on you curl pattern and texture a different natural haircare product may be used. Also, some people use rods to secure the ends especially if they are still in the transitioning phase.
- First, shampoo and condition your hair.
- Second, remove excess water and spray leave-in to detangle and hydrate hair.
- Third, part hair into four section (down the middle from front to back and from ear to ear).
- Next, divide each section in half and begin to twist the hair to the scalp. Allow the twist to dry completely.
- Last, add a dime size amount of oil to the hair, then carefully take down the twist to avoid creating frizz.
To maintain this style, add a daily moisturizer, re-twist each section, and cover hair with a silk or satin bonnet or scarf.
What others have to say